Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Another school year

Hi PG Families and Friends--

It's been a long time since I've posted here. It's been a wonderfully busy return to school and I am happy to say we're into the full swing of autumn. We've helped our new students settle into the routine and have welcomed back all of our familiar faces.

I have been able to visit many classrooms so far to do introductory lessons reminding students of my role and how I can be helpful. I've also been able to go into classrooms to teach and review the Life Skills curriculum in grades K-2. Mrs. Perry (School Psychologist) and I had a lot of fun reviewing Life Skill #2 which is: "When an adult gives you a direction, do it right away." We reminded 2nd graders that this should be done within 15-20 seconds, and that it's always okay to ask for help or clarity of directions. Since it was such a beautiful day, we invited the whole 2nd grade outside to work on listening skills and following the direction through a variety of tasks. Each student had a chance to follow a direction and give a direction to a peer. Examples were: "Twist 3 turns towards me" "Hop 2 x like a bunny towards Mrs. Perry"

We had a lot of fun and I hope we can have more classroom/grade-wide lessons outside as long as Mother Nature is cooperating.




Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment